Accounting and Finance Jobs
1/14/15 – Financial Analyst
Accentuate Staffing is currently recruiting for a Financial Analyst with nonprofit experience to join our client in the Raleigh area. This role will be responsible for strategies for grant funded initiatives and will provide direct support to staff engaged in the project effort. This is an exciting Direct Hire opportunity with exceptional benefits, 401K, and PTO.
- Prepare and submit all required reports within established timelines.
- Perform financial analysis as needed.
- Monitor budgets for fidelity to U.S. Department of Education guidelines for the sponsoring organization and for the participating school districts and schools.
- Advise the Program Directors on financial matters affecting the grant.
- Coordinate the independent audit of the program.
- Directs the procedures and systems necessary to maintain proper records and to afford adequate accounting controls and services.
- Acts as custodian of funds, securities, and assets of the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) in a business-related field from four-year college or university; and one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- CPA preferred.
- Experience with accounting issues specific to not-for profit entities and preparation and analysis of financial statements thereon, specifically experience with Circular No. A-133 “Audits of States, Local Governments, and Non- Profit Organizations” preferred.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- Experience with Abilia Accounting Software – MIP preferred. Experience with Salesforce preferred.