This job has been filled or expired, so you can no longer apply for it.
You can browse our current jobs in this category here or view the old job below.
Accentuate Staffing is currently recruiting for a VP Technical Accountant/Project Manager for a Global Financial Services Organization in the Raleigh-Durham, NC area. This is a Direct Hire opportunity!
- Technical analysis and interpretation of new accounting standards including drafting of Accounting Requirements Document.
- Perform a detailed impact analysis of the new requirements. Meet with partners to understand both technical and process impacts.
- Prepare and present education material to all impacted partners
- Represent the organization at industry working groups on new accounting standards.
- Project manage and drive the implementation of the new accounting requirements across the organization.
- Take on the role of a policy development subject matter specialist where you will build new and revise existing policy documents.
- This includes monitoring both the FASB and IASB on upcoming standards and provide feedback through the comment letter process.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance; Master’s degree preferred
- CPA designation required
- 8+ years proven work experience in a similar position within the financial services/banking industry or a Big 4 accounting firm
- Proven project management skills with ability and experience of driving projects, delivering end to end.
- Detailed knowledge of US GAAP and / or IFRS with genuine enthusiasm and ability for researching and solving technical accounting issues and queries is essential. In addition, experience in US GAAP/ IFRS financial reporting and SEC reporting would be a plus!
- A proficient understanding of banking products from wealth management, asset management and investment banking business
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills. Hardworking with ability to take complex accounting concepts and explain them in everyday language as well as build positive relationships with internal clients in different locations to understand and address their needs.
- Excellent problem-solving skills. Result oriented with capability to identify, understand and research complex issues/risks. Develop solutions that resolve issues and mitigate risks.