This job has been filled or expired, so you can no longer apply for it.
You can browse our current jobs in this category here or view the old job below.
Are you a problem solver with strong math skills and strong attention to detail? Do you bring positive energy to work with you daily Accentuate Staffing has a direct hire opening for a Tool & Die Specialist. This position is responsible for ensuring production tools and dies are properly cut, shaped and trimmed to specification.
- Working from blue prints and drawings ensures tolls meet specification
- Repair tools as necessary
- Cut, shape and trim tool and dies to specified length, shapes, etc. using lathes, grinders, drill, and other hand tools
- File, grind, shim and adjust parts to properly fit together
- Assemble parts to make, repair, or modify dies, jigs and tools
- Inspect finished dies for smoothness, contour, conformity and defects; repair as necessary
- Verify dimensions, alignments and clearances of finished parts for conformance to specifications, using measuring instruments such as calipers, gauge blocks, micrometers and dial indicators
- Design jigs, fixtures and templates for use a work aids in the fabrication of parts or product
- High School diploma required
- 4-6 years of shop-related work experience and a high level of skill and knowledge in tool and die making
- Ability to accurately use measurement equipment such as calipers, micrometers, gauge blocks and dial indicators
- Ability to read advanced blue prints
- Working knowledge of LEAN and/or Six Sigma a plus
- Ability to learn and use a MRP system
- Ability to safely operate a fork truck