This job has been filled or expired, so you can no longer apply for it.
You can browse our current jobs in this category here or view the old job below.
Accentuate Staffing is currently recruiting for a Staff Accountant on a temporary basis for our fast growing technology company located in downtown Durham.
This would be a part or full-time temporary position expected to last 14-16 weeks. This would working 20 up to 40 hours a week and this person could work Monday-Friday or a shorter work week. Training, laptop and free parking provided.
· Assist in maintaining general ledgers, and in the preparation of journal entries
· Assist in the month-end close process
· Accounts receivable collections, payment applications and aging analysis
· Accounts payable processing, including employee expense reports
· Perform analysis and reconciliation of accounts, including monthly balance sheet reconciliations
· Ensure operating results are recorded in accordance with GAAP
· Assist with monthly budget variance reports
· Ad hoc analysis as needed
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related discipline
· 1 – 3 years of relevant general corporate accounting experience with exposure to A/R, A/P, GL & journal entries.
· Knowledge of US GAAP
· Intermediate Microsoft Excel skills
· Excellent attention to detail, analytical skills, and problem-solving skills
· Self-driven, motivated, and eager to learn with a passion for process improvement
· Ability to work efficiently and accurately in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment
· Strong leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
· Energetic, upbeat, team player
· Uncompromising character and integrity
· Experience with accounting system software (Intacct, NetSuite)
· Experience with Salesforce.com
· Experience working in the software as a service industry