Accentuate Staffing is currently recruiting for a Staff Accountant on a temporary basis for our fast growing technology company located in downtown Durham.
This would be a part or full-time temporary position expected to last 14-16 weeks. This would working 20 up to 40 hours a week and this person could work Monday-Friday or a shorter work week. Training, laptop and free parking provided.
· Assist in maintaining general ledgers, and in the preparation of journal entries
· Assist in the month-end close process
· Accounts receivable collections, payment applications and aging analysis
· Accounts payable processing, including employee expense reports
· Perform analysis and reconciliation of accounts, including monthly balance sheet reconciliations
· Ensure operating results are recorded in accordance with GAAP
· Assist with monthly budget variance reports
· Ad hoc analysis as needed
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related discipline
· 1 – 3 years of relevant general corporate accounting experience with exposure to A/R, A/P, GL & journal entries.
· Knowledge of US GAAP
· Intermediate Microsoft Excel skills
· Excellent attention to detail, analytical skills, and problem-solving skills
· Self-driven, motivated, and eager to learn with a passion for process improvement
· Ability to work efficiently and accurately in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment
· Strong leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
· Energetic, upbeat, team player
· Uncompromising character and integrity
· Experience with accounting system software (Intacct, NetSuite)
· Experience with Salesforce.com
· Experience working in the software as a service industry