This job has been filled or expired, so you can no longer apply for it.
You can browse our current jobs in this category here or view the old job below.
Accentuate Staffing is currently recruiting for a Tax Compliance Analyst. This position is an excellent opportunity to join an established company in Durham, NC.
- Prepare and submit tax filings and returns to local jurisdictions, state revenue departments, and federal taxing authorities for monthly, quarterly, and annual filings.
- Facilitate payment requests for tax payments including real property, business personal property, sales & use, franchise, business license, motor vehicle leasing, and other taxes.
- Complete analysis of tax assessments with applicable tax code to determine the validity of all tax liability and possible savings under different options and contest assessments that merit further review by the taxing authority.
- Coordinate or facilitate tax appeals and application into any program that may provide tax savings for the associated entities.
- Establish valuable points of contact within local governments and taxing authorities to enable efficient communication and proactive compliance and act as the point of contact for the various taxing authorities.
- Work with project development teams to provide estimates of tax liability for future projects as requested during project development.
- Work as needed to support and agree Payments-in-lieu-of Taxes.
- Prepare for, and assist with, transaction tax audits.
- Regularly assess tax-related risks such as annexation into a new taxing jurisdiction, changing legislation on all types of tax in project locations, or other assessments in the industry that could ultimately affect projects.
- Provide guidance based on research of transaction tax laws and regulations.
- Provide report and analysis for tax obligations for portfolio assets for compliance reporting, budgeting and planning purposes.
- Assist Asset Management Analyst team with other compliance obligations as needed.
• Bachelor’s Degree or Associate’s Degree with several years of relevant work experience
• 4 or more year’s tax-related professional experience, particularly involving local ad valorem tax, local tax appeals, and valuation.
• Solid understanding of ad valorem tax law and related experience, NC but experience in other states are ideal
• Ability to review applicable local and state tax codes and apply its implications to a variety of deal structures (this does not include income tax).
• Experience working with local taxing authorities and government agencies.
• Experience with financial statements and the preparation of local tax returns.
• Proven ability to manage multiple projects and priorities within a fast paced environment.