This job has been filled or expired, so you can no longer apply for it.
You can browse our current jobs in this category here or view the old job below.
Do you have GOOD SPATIAL IMAGINATION? If you have experience in the steel and bridge building industry then I am sure you do and Accentuate Staffing wants to talk to you. We are recruiting for a client in the Johnston County area for a STEEL ESTIMATOR. To qualify for this role, you need at least 5 years of experience in the steel fabrication industry AND experience with AutoCAD, steel and paint industry codes and bridge experience is highly desirable.
- Identify, order, review and evaluate potential projects.
- Prepare cost estimates on new bids as well as change orders on existing contracts.
- Visualize, analyze, and communicate project scope of work Including job bid instructions, specifications, drawings, etc.
- Prepare a “take off” of all materials included on the job.
- Analyze project specifics in order to prepare full cost estimate by calculating all necessary labor, materials, transportation, buyouts, sublet labor, etc.
- Generate a detailed and accurate quotation for submittal to bidders. Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Word is required.
- Participate in bid day activities Including quote submittal, bidding contractor identification, etc.
- Analyze project specifics by determining all necessary labor, paint materials, transportation, etc.; then visualize, analyze, and communicate project scope of work in a detailed and accurate quotation for submittal to bidders.
- Collect and enter data from our four fabrication shops to generate an actual job performance analysis for use in the evaluation of future bids.
- Develop and maintain working relationships with both new and existing customers.
- Minimum five years experience in the steel industry.
- High school diploma at minimum. College level coursework/degree is preferred.
- Attention to detail is an essential personality trait.
- Good spatial imagination skills are a must.
- Possession of good verbal and written communication skills for dealing with contractors, suppliers, purchasing, etc.
- Must be able to work both independently or as part of a team and on multiple projects concurrently.
- Computer proficiency in Word and Excel mandatory. AutoCAD experience is a plus.
- Familiarity with steel and paint industry codes and specifications is a plus at hire.