This job has been filled or expired, so you can no longer apply for it.
You can browse our current jobs in this category here or view the old job below.
Accentuate Staffing is currently recruiting for a Software Engineer to join a growing Tech company in the energy management industry located in Raleigh, NC. The ideal candidate will be experienced with Java, Python, and data-processing systems such as Storm, Heron, or Spark. If you are looking to gain experience with a fast-growing team and be a part of a collaborative work environment, this is the position for you!
- Manage and lead a team of software engineers by providing support, goals, expectations, mentorship and feedback.
- Enhance features and functionality of our existing stack while developing new software to meet our customer’s needs.
- Actively participate in scoping, estimating, code reviews throughout the development process.
- Communicate with your fellow coworkers about your progress and offer suggestions/improvements to continually improve all aspects of the software.
- Be able to provide thorough reasons/explanations for software decision in order to prevent technical debt.
- Occasional IT support when the need arises.
- Have a constructive voice. It will be expected and respected.
- Manage and mentor team members on technical issues
- Strong programming skills in general, very comfortable with Java
- Experience with data processing systems like Storm, Heron, or Spark
- Experience with queueing systems like RabbitMQ, Kafka, ZeroMQ
- Solid SQL skills
- Exposure to Python (or other interpreted language)
- DevOps experience
- Experience with Redis, or other key-value stores
- Strong curiosity about new technologies
- Self-motivated individual who can work independently/remotely
- Experience with containers or container platforms
- Experience with API development using Node.js
- NoSQL experience