This job has been filled or expired, so you can no longer apply for it.
You can browse our current jobs in this category here or view the old job below.
Accentuate Staffing has an immediate opportunity for a Shipping Traffic Coordinator with a well-established local food distributor in Raleigh. The Shipping Traffic Coordinator will have negotiate rates with suppliers such as carriers, warehouse operators and insurance companies and prepare tariffs for customers, ensuring the require profit margins as directed by the company are achieved.
- Responding to customers or shippers questions or in some cases complaints.
- Providing routing information and issuing shipping instructions to ensure deliveries arrive on time and to their correct location. You will also be responsible for tracking of goods enroute to their destination ensuring any problems that may arise are resolved so as to avoid delays.
- Preparation of quotes for customers, which will involve examining products or materials to estimate quantities or weight and type of container required for storage or transport.
- Liaise with accounts for the preparation of invoices ensuring shipping costs are calculated accurately and passed onto customer. The Shipping coordinator is also required to review sales and prepare reports for senior manager comparing actual sales against targets set.
- Negotiate rates with suppliers such as carriers, warehouse operators and insurance companies and prepare tariffs for customers, ensuring the require profit margins as directed by the company are achieved.
- Bachelor Degree is required
- A min of 2 years of work experience within a similar industry or in shipping cargo us required
- Ideally to become successfully employed as a Shipping Coordinator you will be educated to degree standard or you will have experience working in a customer focused role within the shipping industry.
- A good Shipping Coordinator will have excellent communication skills both written and verbal and will be able to present information in a clear and concise manner.
- It is essential to have a sound understanding of commercial enterprise and be familiar with basic accounting.
- You must have good reasoning skills and be able to analyze data and prepare reports reflecting findings and advise on strategic direction in relation to your role.
- Strong negotiations skills are also needed and the ability to influence others.
- Must be proficient with MS Office and have intermediate Excel skills