Accentuate Staffing is assisting a growing printing company in the Oxford area who is hiring a Shipping and Receiving Clerk to join their team. This is a contract to hire opportunity working on 1st shift, 8am-5pm, Monday-Friday, eventually moving to a 6am-2pm shift.
- Receive and inspect incoming shipments.
- Verify the accuracy of shipments against accompanying documentation.
- Inspect shipments for damages or discrepancies and report any issues to the appropriate parties.
- Sign for deliveries and ensure that the correct quantity and quality of items have been received.
- Prepare items for shipment, including packaging, labeling, and securing items for transportation.
- Create shipping documents, such as bills of lading, packing slips, and shipping labels.
- Update inventory systems or databases to reflect incoming and outgoing shipments.
- Conduct regular cycle counts to verify inventory accuracy.
- Reconcile inventory discrepancies and investigate any inventory-related issues.
- Candidate must have 2+ years shipping and receiving as well as inventory experience.
- Must have strong knowledge of UPS and FedEx systems.
- Must be computer savvy with Microsoft Office and inventory tracking systems.
- Analytical mindset with attention to detail and problem-solving abilities.
- High school diploma/GED equivalent required.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check and drug screen.