This job has been filled or expired, so you can no longer apply for it.
You can browse our current jobs in this category here or view the old job below.
Accentuate Staffing is currently recruiting for a Senior Software Engineer to join a growing Tech company in the Railroad industry located in the Cary area. The ideal candidate will be responsible for designing, developing, maintaining, and supporting new & existing software products. Must have the ability to identify areas for improvement, provide innovative solutions, and work both independently and as part of the leadership group of a larger team to deliver quality solutions through the software life cycle. If you are looking to gain experience with a fast-growing team and be a part of a collaborative work environment, this is the position for you!
- Meet or exceed test coverage goals set for the project through creation of unit and functional tests
- Minimize the number of production escapes
- Support user acceptance testing
- Support or conduct system testing, performance, volume, and stress testing
- Collaborate with business and UX team to create appropriate application User interfaces
- Assist with mock-up’s, user interface design
- Incorporate UX components into application
- Provide feedback to UX team
Product Reliability & Response:
- Ensure system can meet or exceed defined SLA’s
- When primary on-call respond to pages within 15min, and resolve or escalate issue as necessary
- Resolve production issues and communicate resolution to appropriate stakeholders
- Complete stories within estimates and with quality to ensure release dates are met
- Conduct necessary analysis, design and prepare technical documentation
- Estimate story sizes and task out development for a given story
- Work with infrastructure services to make configuration changes and deploy applications
- Exhibit technical leadership in given technical subject domain
- Identify new technologies and approaches that may improve our quality, productivity, and capabilities
- Mentor peers and junior developers
- Delegate, and coordinate functional development tasks as needed
- Drive innovation in the development, release and operations processes
- Works under deadlines and subject to heavy project load
- Ability to provide technical expertise to others and explain concepts with technical staff
- Ability to operate independent of supervision with extreme accuracy and attention to detail.
- Experience in defining requirements, designing and illustrating process flows, and training users.
- Ability to communicate and follow up professionally (written and oral) both internally and externally within the organization – including documentation of application requirements
- Demonstrated ability to identify and resolve issues effectively
- Ability to mentor others
- 7 years of Java/J2EE Web Development Experience.
- Comfortable with front-end, middle tier and backend technologies.
- Expertise in front-end technologies like Struts, Spring MVC or equivalent, hands on experience in these technologies a must in last 2 years.
- Expertise in Spring and hibernate or equivalent ORM, hands on experience in these technologies a must in last 2 years.
- Web Service SOAP/REST expertise, especially as a service provider.
- MDB/MDP/Broker/Service Bus MQ technologies development experience in last 2-3 years is a plus. If the candidate is just familiar with MQ or has minimal experience, needs to be really strong in specific front-end, backend technologies of Struts/Spring/hibernate.
- Expertise using Tomcat/Web Sphere servers
- Experience with Agile software development methodology
- Strong understanding of deployment processes, deployment environments, production application trouble shooting techniques etc. too.