This job has been filled or expired, so you can no longer apply for it.
You can browse our current jobs in this category here or view the old job below.
Accentuate Staffing is currently recruiting for a Revenue Accounting Manager for a fast growing Software Company in Raleigh, NC. This position will have direct responsibility for all activity related to revenue recognition. The Revenue Accounting Manager will lead the revenue cycle including review of contracts to determine appropriate revenue recognition in accordance with current and emerging accounting standards.
- Lead and execute month-end close activities including analyses, reconciliations, and presentation of revenue reporting
- Improve revenue accounting operations, including organizational, process and system changes
- Own the monthly revenue reporting package process, including variance analyses and quarterly close decks presented to the CFO & ELT, and continue to drive robust reporting relevant to revenue growth
- Streamline and develop scalable processes and policies for revenue recognition
- Be responsible for the annual audit deliverables with external auditors, the accounting team, and executive management
- Proactively research technical revenue issues and respond to revenue questions related to new or non-standard contract terms, product/service offerings and marketing programs and document conclusions via technical revenue accounting memos
- Establish strong working relationships with key contacts in other departments including Sales, Product Management, Sales Operations, Legal and IT
- Lead or assist with various ad hoc projects as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or related field
- CPA preferred
- Advanced knowledge of GAAP and experience in applying software revenue accounting guidance (ASC 605/606)
- 5+ years experience in revenue accounting with a mix of both industry and public accounting firm experience
- Proficient in MS Excel.
- Experience with large ERP system (Netsuite preferred) & Salesforce