This job has been filled or expired, so you can no longer apply for it.
You can browse our current jobs in this category here or view the old job below.
Accentuate Staffing is assisting with an immediate business need for a Purchasing Agent for an established client in RTP/Durham in close proximity to the Brier Creek area. The ideal candidate will have a background in supply planning, sourcing, and inventory management, and will display solid communication skills to build and maintain strong vendor relationships. Established QuickBooks experience is required.
- Work closely with suppliers to ensure on-time deliveries.
- Plan, create and release purchase orders to procure materials to support the production schedule.
- Monitors inventory levels to avoid excess inventory, inventory shortages and/or inventory expirations.
- Negotiate pricing, requirements, and terms of new and existing partner relationships.
- Identify cost savings opportunities, get internal buy-in, and implement improvements.
- Identifies and communicates supply delays to downstream colleagues and planning manager.
- Strategic planning, detail oriented, positive attitude.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills and the ability to multi-task and meet various deadlines.
- An Associate degree or Bachelor degree preferred.
- Minimum two years working in Planning, Procurement, Supply Chain, Materials Management, Engineering, and/or Operations.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, QuickBooks and ERP systems.
- General knowledge of Planning and Purchasing processes