This job has been filled or expired, so you can no longer apply for it.
You can browse our current jobs in this category here or view the old job below.
Accentuate Staffing is recruiting for a Procurement Specialist to join a local non profit company in Raleigh. This is a temp to hire opportunity!
- Review purchase requisitions to ensure that coding, funding, approvals, bid thresholds and vendor selections are in compliance with company requirements.
- Search for vendors and review vendor performance as needed.
- Maintain relationships with vendors to help with purchasing needs and resolve issues.
- Review encumbrances to ensure they are current and active.
- Look for ways to save costs within the organization by making sure all costs are reasonable and necessary and ensuring duplication is eliminated.
- Examine and analyze the procurement requirements and reporting systems of company.
- Maintenance and accumulation of source data for reporting purposes
- Assist inquires related to documentation needed by Accounts Payable to prepare checks.
- Participate in the preparation and evaluation of Requests for Proposals (RFPs).
- Assist in maintaining the vendor list by using (SAMS) to check for debarred or suspended vendors.
- Inform Procurement Manager of trends or issues that occur with Purchase Orders, so processes can be adapted as needed.
- Ensure that Uniform Guidance is followed while carrying out their duties.
- Coordinate Finance Department purchasing needs.
- Assist with preparation and maintenance of scheduler for the external auditors.
- Ensure encumbrance aging is managed; researching aged items to ensure validity
- Associate’s in Business Degree and two years of working experience.
- Ability to communicate, receive, and transfer written, oral, and electronic information effectively.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications: Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Experience with accounting systems required, Abila MIP Fund Accounting preferred.
- Ability to analyze, organize, file and distribute information.