This job has been filled or expired, so you can no longer apply for it.
You can browse our current jobs in this category here or view the old job below.
Accentuate Staffing is currently recruiting for a Principal Software Engineer to join a growing Tech company in the Railroad industry located in the Cary area. The ideal candidate will be responsible for designing, developing, maintaining, and supporting new & existing software products. Must have the ability to identify areas for improvement, provide innovative solutions, and work both independently and as part of the leadership group of a larger team to deliver quality solutions through the software lifecycle. If you are looking to gain experience with a fast-growing team and be a part of a collaborative work environment, this is the position for you! This is a Direct Hire opportunity!
- Understand and apply software design principles and architectural best practices in creating best-in-class enterprise software solutions and implementations
- Estimate story sizes and task out development for a given story
- Complete stories within estimates and with quality to ensure release dates are met
- Conduct necessary analysis, design and prepare technical documentation
- Work with infrastructure services to make configuration changes and deploy applications
- Support or conduct system testing, performance, volume, and stress testing
- Conduct or coordinate code reviews and address code quality issues
- Conduct unit testing and help create unit testing patterns
- Collaborate with security team to ensure secure coding practices
- Ability to operate independent of supervision with accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to quickly learn and master recent technologies and various business applications
- Ability to build business acumen and understand business domain
- Experience in designing and illustrating process flows and training users
- Ability to communicate and follow up professionally (written and oral) both internally and externally within the organization – including documentation of application requirements
- Demonstrated ability to identify and resolve issues effectively
- Ability to mentor others
- 10+ years of software development experience
- Comfortable with front-end, middle tier and backend technologies
- Experience with cloud architecture/infrastructure and container-driven development tools (such as Docker)
- Expertise in front-end technologies like Angular JS or HTML 5; hands-on experience a must in last 3 years
- Expertise in Spring and Hibernate or equivalent ORM; hands-on experience a must over the past 5 years