This job has been filled or expired, so you can no longer apply for it.
You can browse our current jobs in this category here or view the old job below.
Accentuate Staffing is recruiting for a Payroll Specialist to support the Regional Human Resources initiatives of a growing company here in Raleigh, NC. This position is salary and includes benefits!
- Collect and process payroll information according to the weekly and bi-weekly payroll schedules. Run both weekly and bi-weekly payrolls as assigned.
- Maintain and process data in both ADP and SAP HR systems according to departmental payroll processes.
- Maintain payroll database system changes and updates, and maintain the payroll schedules.
- Invoice each site for reimbursement of payroll related expenses such as employee wages, SUI, 401(k), etc.
- Advise sites on the resolution of pay-related issues
- Monitor records for pay irregularities; review changes in compensation law.
- Recommend new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of services performed and systems utilized.
- Work with payroll vendor to ensure changes are appropriately implemented with regard to wage and tax laws and with federal state and local tax agencies’ requirements.
- Provide requested information related to accounting reconciliations and provide general ledger support
- Generate accounting reports according to established criteria, schedules and as directed on an ad-hoc basis.
- Maintain records, reports and logs to conform to audit and inspection regulations
- Maintain current knowledge of applicable state and federal wage and hour laws
- Stay current on payroll systems to achieve alignment with HR benefits and other related and to ensure effective accounting support.
- Facilitate management and employee understanding of payroll procedures.
- ADP Workforce Now and ADP Enterprise E-time experience REQUIRED
- Experience with SAP HR
- HS diploma (or equivalent) required plus Advanced training/coursework in Accounting, Business Management, Human Resources/Payroll, or similar; Accounting experience preferred
- 4-6 years multi-state payroll experience required
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel (required)
- Solid working knowledge of federal/state labor and wage/hour laws, employer payroll taxes and reporting requirements