This job has been filled or expired, so you can no longer apply for it.
You can browse our current jobs in this category here or view the old job below.
Accentuate Staffing is looking for a Payroll Accountant that is needed to join a finance team in Cary. This role is Direct Hire and an awesome opportunity!
- Process bi-weekly payroll for approximate 250 employees
- Manage workflow to ensure all payroll transactions are processed accurately and timely (including new hire, terminations, salary changes, garnishments, time & attendance)
- Validate payroll from pre-processing reports prior to submitting payroll
- Understand proper taxation of employer paid benefits
- Process accurate and timely year-end reporting when necessary (W-2 etc.)
General Ledger Accounting
- AP duties
- Assist with bank reconciliations
- Assist with accounts receivable for intercompany transactions
- Aid in implementation of an Accounts Receivable module within MRI accounting system
- Record general journal entries as needed
- Reconcile intercompany balances monthly
- Aid in compiling the internal monthly reporting package
- 3+ years experience processing multi-state payroll.
- 1-2 years min Accounting experience
- Functional knowledge of payroll best practices in a payroll environment.
- Strong knowledge of federal and state regulations.
- General accounting knowledge
- Accounting degree preferred
- Knowledge of GAAP Standards
- Ability to deal sensitively with confidential material.
- Decision-making, problem-solving, and analytical skills.