Accentuate Staffing is recruiting for a Microbiology Lab Technician to join a medical device company in Asheboro, NC. This is a long term contract position last 14-20 months. The hours are Monday through Friday from 8 am – 4 pm with weekend rotational work. There will be OT as needed.
- Utilize aseptic technique to conduct testing and report results of laboratory methods including environmental monitoring, sterility assurance testing, bacterial endotoxin testing, bioburden determination, and water analysis.
- Ensure proper documentation and peer-review of laboratory notebooks and testing documentation, as trained.
- Execute and participate in validation testing as directed by the protocol and project leader.
- Media preparation including control and pH testing.
- Maintain computer-based documentation of test results and communicate data, as appropriate, to other facilities
- Understand and comply with proper handling, storage and labeling of hazardous/biological waste per MSDS
- Assist in investigations for out of specification results, as required.
- Gram staining of microbiological samples from environmental studies, water analysis and bioburden testing
- Assay and report results of sample preparation for finished product for LAL testing.
- Review files and log books for computer entry associated with laboratory testing and documentation
- Actively participate in peer review of data and meetings for lab and quality improvements
- Provide assistance in training of new lab staff employees.
- Assume all duties and responsibilities of the assistant laboratory technician as necessary.
- Provide other duties as requested by immediate supervisor.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in related scientific field.
- Associates degree may be acceptable with equivalent combination of education and work experience
- 1+ years of GMP/GLP laboratory experience preferred.
- Experience with data entry and office computer programs as well as knowledge of aseptic techniques and good laboratory practices.
SPECIALIZED SKILLS & OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Highly detail-oriented
- Displays integrity, ethics and trust
- Results-oriented and displays high energy and enthusiasm (Sense of Urgency)
- Holds themselves accountable
- Good communication skills – both verbal and written
- Customer service oriented
- Self-motivated, good follow-through on assignments