Accentuate Staffing is recruiting for a Mechanical HVAC/Plumbing Design Engineer to join a leading firm in Raleigh, NC. This position requires experience in HVAC and Plumbing design. Candidate will work within the HVAC/Plumbing Group. It is preferable to have experience experience in municipal, industrial or commercial buildings and facilities or water/ wastewater plants/ facilities. The candidate should enjoy working within a team environment, and seek to develop HVAC and Plumbing design skills.
Education and Experience requirements:
- Bachelors of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering (required)
- Ability to communicate well both orally and in writing.
- Experience performing heating, ventilating, cooling, and plumbing design for municipal, commercial or industrial facilities.
- A PE license is preferred, or the candidate must have plans of obtaining their PE.
- Experience with Revit and other CAD skills are preferred.
Relevant areas of experience includes:
- Application of various types of heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and hydronic piping systems
- Heating and cooling load calculations
- HVAC controls systems and building/facility management systems
- ASME B31.1 Power Piping or ASME B3.9 Building Services Piping designs
- International Mechanical Code, Plumbing Code and Fire Code
- Performance of detailed HVAC and hydraulic pressure drop calculations
- Performance of Plumbing pipe sizing and fixture count analysis
- SMANCA Duct Construction Standards
- NFPA 820 HVAC designs
- Hot water boiler and chilled water system design