This job has been filled or expired, so you can no longer apply for it.
You can browse our current jobs in this category here or view the old job below.
Accentuate Staffing is assisting an established medical device manufacturer in Research Triangle Park with their need for a Linux Infrastructure Engineer. This is a Direct Hire opportunity!
- Participate in IT system implementations from requirements gathering through system support transition
- Interface with business representatives, vendors, and other key stakeholders
- Document new, and existing systems according to quality, compliance, and regulatory requirements
- Identify technical or operational risks, and inefficiencies with IT systems and formulate plans to reduce risk and improve efficiencies
- Develop, and maintain documentation for operational best practices and systems maintenance
- Collaborate with project managers in development, and execution of detailed project plans
- Develop and execute support transition plan for system implementations
- Provide assistance for issues escalated from downstream support teams
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 5 years in Information Technology
- Certification with a major technology platform such as Red Hat, Microsoft, Checkpoint, or VMware.
- Maintains working understanding of technology across many disciplines
- Working knowledge of SOX, FDA 21 CFR Part 820 requirements a plus
- Firm understanding of IT best practices and frameworks such as ITIL
- Experience using tools for change management
- Experience producing technical documentation including functional requirements, design specifications, work instructions, and installation qualifications
- Proficient with Microsoft Office including Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Visio
- Technical areas of expertise should include and not be limited to the following:
- Major hypervisors (VMWare, HyperV, AHV, KVM-based) and associated tooling
- Cloud Hyperscalers (Azure, Amazon Web Services) IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, BaaS and DRaaS
- Red Hat, SuSE, CentOS, or other mainstream enterprise Linux distribution
- Microsoft Windows Server, and related infrastructure services
- Networking (virtual & physical), including switching, VLAN trunking, tagging, and simple routing
- IAM & AAA services and protocol awareness in LDAP, RADIUS, Kerberos, SAML, and Federation