Accentuate Staffing is currently recruiting for a Linux Engineer to join a growing Manufacturing company located in Wendell, NC. The ideal candidate will be responsible for providing installation; administrative & monitoring support of Linux systems in physical and virtualized environments. If you are looking to gain experience with a fast-growing team and be a part of a collaborative work environment, this is the position for you!
- Daily interaction with Global team of programmers, developers and database administrators and ERP/QAD support staff
- Progressive administration of the Progress database; Provides expert administrative and monitoring support of other Linux systems in physical and virtualized environments
- Daily maintenance of Backup/Restore and NetApp/EMC storage infrastructure including monitoring for system health, performance, security and capacity planning
- Provide expert support for maintaining AWS environment ranging from maintenance of SSL certifications to server/database optimization to monitoring EC2 instances; interaction with programmers, designers and developers
- Script development for repeatable processes; Create, optimize build processes and deployment tools
- Assist current team on datacenter administration
- Strong Background and 5-10 years of progressively senior Linux Redhat systems experience in an enterprise environment. Linux Server Installation , writing scripts on shell/bash, SAMBA and Winbind configuration, CUPS configuration, basic SQL command s (SELECT,INSERT,UPDATE), linux server optimization, creating basic automatic monitoring scripts with email alerts, and sendmail service configuration.
- Solid experience in VMware virtualization and OS Deployment. Extensive knowledge and experience with physical and virtualized systems (Linux VMs) required. Experience with shell scripting required.
- Experience designing and implementing High Availability and Disaster Recovery solutions. Experience interacting and co-existing with MS Active Directory and other technologies.
- Solid EMC and NetApp storage experience.
- Strong understanding of LAMP environments specifically on the Linux/Apache aspects.
- Progress Database Administration experience a plus.
- Network: Working knowledge of networking protocols and components including TCP/IP, DNS, NFS.
- Linux Admin Skills