This job has been filled or expired, so you can no longer apply for it.
You can browse our current jobs in this category here or view the old job below.
Accentuate Staffing is currently recruiting for a Linux Engineer to join a growing Manufacturing company located in Wendell, NC. The ideal candidate will be responsible for providing installation; administrative & monitoring support of Linux systems in physical and virtualized environments. If you are looking to gain experience with a fast-growing team and be a part of a collaborative work environment, this is the position for you!
- Daily interaction with Global team of programmers, developers and database administrators and ERP/QAD support staff
- Progressive administration of the Progress database; Provides expert administrative and monitoring support of other Linux systems in physical and virtualized environments
- Daily maintenance of Backup/Restore and NetApp/EMC storage infrastructure including monitoring for system health, performance, security and capacity planning
- Provide expert support for maintaining AWS environment ranging from maintenance of SSL certifications to server/database optimization to monitoring EC2 instances; interaction with programmers, designers and developers
- Script development for repeatable processes; Create, optimize build processes and deployment tools
- Assist current team on datacenter administration
- Strong Background and 5-10 years of progressively senior Linux Redhat systems experience in an enterprise environment. Linux Server Installation , writing scripts on shell/bash, SAMBA and Winbind configuration, CUPS configuration, basic SQL command s (SELECT,INSERT,UPDATE), linux server optimization, creating basic automatic monitoring scripts with email alerts, and sendmail service configuration.
- Solid experience in VMware virtualization and OS Deployment. Extensive knowledge and experience with physical and virtualized systems (Linux VMs) required. Experience with shell scripting required.
- Experience designing and implementing High Availability and Disaster Recovery solutions. Experience interacting and co-existing with MS Active Directory and other technologies.
- Solid EMC and NetApp storage experience.
- Strong understanding of LAMP environments specifically on the Linux/Apache aspects.
- Progress Database Administration experience a plus.
- Network: Working knowledge of networking protocols and components including TCP/IP, DNS, NFS.
- Linux Admin Skills