This job has been filled or expired, so you can no longer apply for it.
You can browse our current jobs in this category here or view the old job below.
Accentuate Staffing is currently recruiting for an HR Specialist for our well established Raleigh client.The HR Specialist is responsible for performing HR related duties on a professional level and work closely with the HR Manager in supporting all locations. This position carries out responsibilities in the following areas: employee relations, performance management, onboarding, policy implementation, benefits administration, recruitment/employment, training and employment law compliance.
- Overseeing employee benefits by maintaining up-to-date knowledge of benefit packages, which include medical, dental, vision, and life insurance plans.
- Monitoring employee eligibility for benefit plans and administering monthly enrollments for newly eligible employees.
- Reviewing benefits with employees and processing enrollments, cancellations, or changes.
- Reconciling carrier invoices monthly against enrollment and reconciling benefit deductions in payroll to monthly billings.
- Maintaining employee benefit files.
- Organizing open enrollment meetings in partnership with the HR Manager; managing open enrollment election changes, cancellations, or additions.
- Terminating benefits and activating COBRA for group health plans.
- Producing 1095-C forms and 1094-C filings annually in compliance with ACA regulations.
- Assisting with preparing the 5500 filings annually.
Employee Relations and Performance Management:
- Acting as an employee relations specialist
- Supporting and tracking the annual review process.
- Maintaining and coordinating employee recognition and appreciation programs.
Recruitment, On-boarding, and Training:
- Assisting with writing job descriptions and job postings; posting available positions on the internal Portal, company website, and through staffing agencies.
- Reviewing candidate applications; screening, interviewing, and recruiting job applicants to fill entry-level, professional, and technical job openings.
- Completing all new hire paperwork with newly-hired employees.
- Creating new-hire orientation training program; once created, conducting new-hire orientations and on-boarding.
- Ensuring compliance with USCIS Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification; processing E-verify and periodically performing audits on Form I-9.
Worker’s Compensation and Leave of Absence Administration
- Managing and reporting claims; working to close/resolve them.
- Providing workers’ compensation classification education; including it with job descriptions.
- Contributing to quarterly workers’ compensation review meetings.
- Ensuring compliance with restrictions.
General HR Duties and Compliance
- Maintaining an open-door policy for staff to answer procedure and policy questions.
- Maintaining employee benefit files.
- Maintaining compliance with federal, state, and local employment and benefits laws and regulations.
- Determining non-exempt/exempt classifications in line with FLSA regulations.
- Keeping up-to-date on current market trends regarding compensationc
- Responding to Unemployment and Disability Claims in a timely and efficient manner.
- Attending or participating in unemployment hearings when necessary.
- Assisting in the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures; preparing and maintaining the employee handbook in both English and Spanish.
- Filing EEO-1 reports annually; and maintaining other records, reports, and logs to conform to EEO regulations.
- Recommending new approaches, policies, and procedures to continually improve efficiency of the department and services performed.
- Some travel may be required.
- Bachelor’s degree in HR, business, or related area preferred.
- 3+ years Human Resources experience.
- Experience with ADP a plus – not required.
- SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP, PHR, SPHR, or other relevant professional certification is a plus
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) preferred
- Ability to adhere to strict confidentiality and handle sensitive corporate information.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.