- Work on new features and functionality for our existing software while also developing new software to complement our customer’s needs.
- Actively participate in scoping, estimating, code reviews throughout the development process.
- Communicate with your fellow coworkers about your progress and offer suggestions/improvements to continually improve all aspects of the software.
- Be able to provide thorough reasons/explanations for software decision in order to prevent technical debt.
- Occasional IT support when the need arises.
- Have a constructive voice. It will be expected and respected.
- BS degree in Computer Science or relevant field
- 3+ years of experience developing APIs with NodeJS or Go
- Experience with unit testing (Mocha, Chai)
- Expert at pull requests and code reviews. We are a small team and lean on each other to make sure we are writing the best software possible
- Self-motivated individual who can work independently/remotely
- Experience working in a startup and understanding the needs that come with that
- Willingness/desire to experiment with new technologies
- Good sense of humor, we enjoy working with each other
- Must be able to get things done in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment
- Local candidates only, please (we want to be able to see your face from time to time)
- An ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in visualization libraries (D3, Raphael, etc.) is a plus
- Experience with designing APIs
- Eye for design