Accentuate Staffing is recruiting for a Financial Accountant to join a leading Real Estate Developer & Property Management company in Research Triangle Park, NC. The Financial Accountant will provide support within the Finance and Operations department. This position performs multiple accounting functions and analysis to produce timely and accurate financial reporting for Senior Management and the Board of Directors.
- Perform accounting duties for the Finance and Operations Department
- Maintain the general ledger and all related accounts with proper documentation and records of all company transactions for various corporate entities and assist with Co transactions; review entries to the general and subsidiary ledgers to assure accuracy and compliance with the companies and established accounting principles; responsible for monthly and year-end closing of the general ledger including preparation of journal entries
- Responsible for the reconciliation and monitoring of capital project contracts and payments to ensure all signed contracts, change orders and payments are within contracted and budgeted amounts.
- Record Fixed Assets and depreciation expense while maintaining schedules.
- Review and approve payables for commercial rental properties.
- Responsible for the preparation and oversight of annual budget for commercial rental properties.
- Review and approve leases entered into accounting software.
- Assist Senior Accountant and Accounting Manager with month-end closings for all legal entities by preparing schedules and reconciliations and prepare standard entries including accrued expenses.
- Prepare general ledger reconciliation and analysis for balance sheet and various expense accounts.
- Reconcile and bill annual CAM, Tax, utilities and other miscellaneous billings for commercial rental properties.
- Work on other various ad hoc projects as needed.
- Education/Experience: Minimum Bachelor’s Degree with a concentration in Accounting.
- High level of competency using Microsoft Office software, particularly Microsoft Excel.
- Yardi Voyager and commercial property accounting experience strongly preferred
- Good communication skills and the ability to work well with people are essential.