Accentuate Staffing is looking for a Field Service Engineer at a growing Manufacturer in the Raleigh area for the Customer Support/ Application Engineering Group.
This role will provide process technology support services in the field, to include evaluation of equipment, identification of equipment improvement potential relating to energy saving, capacity increase or product quality improvement, optimization of conditions, trouble shoot potential inefficiencies in processes, and provide feedback for potential methods to improve equipment use. Also, provide training and education on food safety, theory and equipment. The Technologist is on the road the majority of the time traveling to customer sites – About 50% Domestic Travel
- Perform commissioning as per customer expectations and contracts in place:
- Provide process support for installations
- Provide feedback to operations, engineering for required modifications to equipment
- Write reports and recommend solutions based on site visit observations and theoretical background.
- Perform evaluations:
- Troubleshoot potential inefficiencies in process and provide feedback for possible methods to improve equipment use.
- Provide training and education to customers on theory and equipment
- Coordinate all logistics for presenters and attendees at seminars
- Prepare customized training material for on-site customers
- Help develop small focused training sessions with current template
- Help develop food safety specific seminar
- Manage tools and equipment needed to perform on-site evaluations
- Investigate new tools / measuring devices to improve department performance and/or expand service offerings
- Interact with product management and R&D management to update on customer needs and satisfaction with their technical requests
- Interact with operations to update on equipment improvement
- Develop process related articles for publication in trade magazines
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Food Science/Process Technology or related field
- 2-6 years of experience in a technical role
- Proven ability to solve problems
- Fluent command of technical English language (oral and written)
- Good communication skills internal and external with customers, as commissioning engineer is the face of the company towards customers in the most critical stage of the project as experienced by their customers.
- Experience/willingness to travel domestic and international approx. 50 %
- Ability to deal with stress and challenging expectations of customers and internal.
- MS Office
- CAD experience or ability to read and understand technical drawings preferred
- Technical hands on mentality/ manual work experience in mechanical as well as electrical/automation field preferred