Accentuate Staffing is currently recruiting for an Electrical Controls Technician to join a growing client in the Greensboro, NC area. Candidates must have worked in an industrial/manufacturing setting and have experience providing technical support for PLC based equipment.
- Design electrical control systems and design, install, maintain, and modify PLC systems
- Understand and be able to install and troubleshoot AC/DC drives and motors
- Understand and be able to work with relays, contacts, transformers, motor starters, sensors, switches, etc.
- Technical support and software changes of PLC based equipment
- Assist maintenance supervisors with machinery issues
- Reduce repeat downtime issues on machines
- Manage continuous improvement and modernization efforts of older systems within the plant
- Strong electrical troubleshooting skills
- Project Management experience
- Excellent communication skills and capability to interact successfully with employees at all levels of the organization
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team
- Flexible schedule to support 2nd and 3rd shifts when needed
- 5+ years of industrial experience with electrical control systems
- Ability to program GE and Allen Bradley PLCs
- An Associate’s degree in Engineering, Industrial electronics, or another technical field is a plus.