Accentuate Staffing is currently recruiting for a Data Analyst/Scientist to join an established software company located in Durham, NC. The ideal candidate will be responsible for collaborating with members of the team to act as the subject matter expert and solve problems using data science approaches, techniques, and methods. If you are looking to gain experience with a fast-growing team and be a part of a collaborative work environment, this is the position for you!
- Collaborate with a team of data analysts, software developers, and subject matter experts to solve problems using data science approaches, techniques, and methods
- Participate in activities related to accessing, collecting, cleaning, storing, organizing, and integrating data
- Participate in activities related to descriptive and exploratory analyses, predictive modeling, and simulations
- Communicate results to internal management and staff
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science, data science, statistics, applied mathematics, operations research or related quantitative field and a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience or a master’s degree and a minimum of 1 year of relevant experience
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Experience with SQL
- Knowledge of survey design and data collection methods
- Experience with software used in advanced analytics, software development for data science applications, and data visualization, such as R
- Experience outside of a classroom environment with predictive or simulation modeling
- Experience accessing, extracting, integrating, and analyzing data from a wide variety of sources (e.g., relational databases, text and unstructured data, streaming data).
- An “analytical mindset” for solving problems
- A strong sense of conceptual and visual design and creative problem solving
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server
- Familiarity with Microsoft Visual Basic programming a plus