This job has been filled or expired, so you can no longer apply for it.
You can browse our current jobs in this category here or view the old job below.
Accentuate Staffing is assisting an established Company in Durham who is seeking a Credit & Collections Specialist. 2+ years Business to Business Collections experience is required.
- Responsible for all aspects of cash application including multi-currency
- Performs and initiates collection efforts on past due accounts, working to get payment commitment that is acceptable ensuring new orders can be released. Preferred method of contact is via telephone in an effort to build solid relationships with each customer
- Authorizes extension of credit for new business relationships as well as existing customers and done within the established guidelines. Ensures that credit application is completed in its entirety and all references have been contacted
- Research and resolve disputed items within the guidelines of company policies and procedures
- Maintaining all departmental files (credit applications, credit/debit memos, tax exemption certificates, etc.)
- Distribute/communicate any “problem’ cash receipts to appropriate AR Specialist
- Communicate with customers regarding billing issues and any other general inquires. Properly documents conversations and actions taken on the customer’ accounts in the ERP system.
- Obtain payment information in advance from major customers and communicate to supervisor
- Follow-up on all invoice skips, partials and deductions made by customers within assigned portfolio
- Managing portfolio of customers through use of Aging reports, run and reviewed at least bi-weekly
- Recommends and prepares delinquent accounts for external collection proceedings.
- Invoice or credit adjustments as necessary on approved customer claims
- Request and register for access to and learn to use customer web-sites when offered accounts payable information, vendor compliance, etc.
- Assists with related special projects as directed
- 2+ years AR and Corporate (Business to Business) Collections experience Required
- Demonstrated strong communication skills both on the phone and in person
- Intermediate Microsoft skills in Excel, Word and Outlook
- Demonstrates great attention to detail; must be well organized
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple and completing priorities
- Strong team player