This job has been filled or expired, so you can no longer apply for it.
You can browse our current jobs in this category here or view the old job below.
Accentuate Staffing is currently recruiting for a Cost Accountant for a small & fast growing Manufacturing Company in Durham, NC. The Cost Accountant functions as a business support person to the Facility, US Management team, and America’s Finance team. Responsible for Facility level costs and controls as well as regional support in multiple areas. This is a Direct Hire opportunity offering excellent benefits and a flexible work schedule.
- Works with Business and Operations Accounting functions to ensure consistency of reporting, planning and analysis. Develops budgets, profitability reports, contribution analysis, and monthly management reports for the business.
- Assists in the month end closing process.
- Calculation and implementation of standard costs for material and labor, and ad- hoc standard cost roll ups
- Maintenance and improvement of cost accounting internal controls
- The review, reporting and identification of action items from manufacturing and unit cost variances
- The review and analysis of Facility cost center expenses
- Identification and roll out of cost reduction opportunities in all areas of the business (material purchases, lead time, inventory, quality, productivity).
- Review and analysis of inventory movements, assistance in physical inventories, and monitoring cycle count performance
- Prepare and review required monthly, quarterly and yearly financial and operating information packages for all stakeholders, including All Hands meeting presentation and Management Review packs.
- Develop, maintain and analyze profitability analysis by product / customer.
- Perform monthly calculation and entries for all inventory related reserves for RTP.
- Maintain reconciliation for RTP inventory and related reserve balance sheet accounts as well as select other accounts.
- Root cause analysis and recommendations for improvement; Actively participate in advancing the facility’s performance on quality, delivery, productivity and cost.
- Coordinate and support the forecasting and budget development process for the region, working with all functional areas
- Perform analysis and evaluation of all significant Project Financial Justification requests, including Capital Expenditures and NPD projects.
- Identify critical factors early in the project that would affect the profitability and evaluate whether the results are consistent with the business unit goals.
- Key involvement in sustaining engineering efforts to measure actual project performance against forecasts and identify actions to achieve forecasted margins when warranted
- B.S. Accounting, Finance or Business-Related field
- Minimum 7 years of experience in Accounting
- Manufacturing Industry experience REQUIRED
- Cost Accounting knowledge/experience required
- CPA preferred
- Team oriented and strong communication skills
- Self-starter, proactive & can handle working in a fast-paced environment