This job has been filled or expired, so you can no longer apply for it.
You can browse our current jobs in this category here or view the old job below.
Accentuate Staffing has a direct hire opportunity with a client in Smithfield, NC. The position is responsible for negotiation and procurement of direct and indirect materials, production planning, KANBAN administration and material control.
- Review Lean Manufacturing pulls to procure materials for Kanban replenishment.
- Prepare, review and track purchase orders and expedite orders as needed
- Monitor and negotiate purchasing prices which support minimum buy quantities in order to reduce internal inventory stocking levels
- Develop qualified Suppliers which minimize/eliminate quality defects and late deliveries
- Monitor supplier performance, using established Key Performance Indicators (KPI).
- Review Customer forecast and determine inventory stocking levels and manufacturing capacities.
- Prepares production schedules and provides input to operations Supervision with regards to schedules and customer requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent combination of experience and education
- 3 – 5 years’ experience as a buyer/purchaser; experience purchasing from Asia a +
- Lean Manufacturing Experience
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook etc.)
- Experience using MRP software and Sage ERP a +
- ISM or APICS certification is highly desired