This job has been filled or expired, so you can no longer apply for it.
You can browse our current jobs in this category here or view the old job below.
Accentuate Staffing is currently recruiting for a Buyer for a global manufacturing client located Southeast Raleigh. The Buyer is responsible for procurement of all production related material in a timely and cost-effective manner. The Buyer works closely with other outside departments to identify and order all parts and material listed on the bill of materials and ensures that all items are available for manufacturing when needed. The Buyer works within Purchasing to monitor vendor performance and identify potential cost and lead time savings for the company.
- Plan, schedule, and purchase an adequate supply of materials required for the completion of customer requirements.
- Place orders for material in a timely manner. Initiate appropriate action to advance, delay or cancel previously scheduled materials and strive to control inventory levels while supporting customer requirements. Identify alternatives when schedule changes or delays are identified
- Work closely with Engineering, Production and Manufacturing departments to identify and order materials and equipment for customer projects.
- Coordinate with Engineering, Manufacturing, and Warehouse to ensure materials and equipment are ordered and received according to project needs.
- Listens and follows directions from leads and supervisors.
- Adheres to Quality Management System and ISO9001 standards.
- Works in a timely, efficient manner to meet all daily performance objectives.
- Identify material and equipment issues.
- Two years purchasing/ procurement experience. Experience with industrial electrical components in a manufacturing setting preferred.
- High school diploma required. Associates Degree or higher in business related discipline preferred.
- Experience in the use of ERP systems for production planning and material procurement.
- SAP experience is preferred
- Background check and drug-screen are required.