This job has been filled or expired, so you can no longer apply for it.
You can browse our current jobs in this category here or view the old job below.
Accentuate Staffing is looking for an Assistant Controller to join a nonprofit company in Chapel Hill. This person must be experienced in all aspects of financial management, including non-profit and corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, as well as development of internal control policies and procedures. This is a permanent position.
- Responsible for day to day accounting operations. Manage all aspects of general ledger including chart of accounts, journal entries, account review and reconciliation. Research and resolve inaccuracies and imbalances, with a keen attention to detail.
- Lead and manage the monthly close process. Ensure books are closed on time. Perform detailed cost allocations.
- Prepare monthly internal financial statements. Ensure accuracy of all financial reports. Meet internal reporting deadlines.
- Perform financial statement analysis including revenue and expense variance analysis with prior year as well as budget, balance sheet fluctuations and cash flow.
- Prepare quarterly Finance Committee materials with narratives and analyses.
- Lead and manage annual financial audits for three related entities (two non-profits, one for profit) and defined benefit pension plan audit. Develop audit timeline, prepare and review audit workpapers, assist auditors with requests for information, prepare audit reports, including consolidated financial statements. Primary liaison with external auditors. Assist with compliance audits as needed (i.e., IRS examinations, Workers’ Compensation Insurance Audits).
- Prepare IRS Form 990s and 990T, including supporting workpapers in a timely and accurate manner. Manage and comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings.
- Become an expert in the company’s accounting systems (Intacct, Bill.com, ADP). Lead implementation of system changes and enhancements. Primary point person working with software consultant to ensure data integrity and resolve system issues. Provide training as needed to support users across the company
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls; perform risk assessment.
- Provide redundancy for Budget Analyst for revenue planning and monitoring.
- Primary back up to Payment Services Manager for accounts payable and biweekly payroll process. Ensure compliance with federal and state tax laws. Process bi-weekly payroll periodically throughout year.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) required
- Five to seven years relevant accounting experience, with 1-2 years public accounting experience desired
- Non-profit experience preferred
- Intacct Accounting Software experience desired
- Host Analytics Software experience a plus
- Familiar with ADP Workforce Now payroll platform and processes
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Thorough knowledge of non-profit taxation, with experience preparing IRS Form 990.
- Experience with financial statement preparation for all types of legal entities.
- Experience with general ledger functions and month-end/year-end close process.
- Technology savvy with advanced knowledge of accounting and reporting software systems. Experience evaluating and selecting accounting software and working with software vendors.
- Experience coordinating audit activities.