This job has been filled or expired, so you can no longer apply for it.
You can browse our current jobs in this category here or view the old job below.
Accentuate is assisting a Durham company who is seeking an AP Accountant. This individual will provide accounts payable support, including interacting with internal and external clients with a professional demeanor and completing special projects as assigned.
- Full-service Accounts Payable responsibilities, including:
- Processing new vendor set up and ensuring all W9 and banking information is received,
- Preparing accounts payable vouchers by matching invoices and other documents,
- Identifying and clarifying any unusual or questionable invoice items and working with appropriate personnel to resolve
- Using the company’s chart of accounts and project code listing, coding invoices to proper accounts and business units,
- Ensuring all invoices are properly approved, entered, and processed timely and accurately in Microsoft Dynamics SL,
- Maintaining Accounts Payable files; and,
- Processing checks according to payment terms.
- Processing credit card transactions
- Performing monthly account reconciliations, as assigned
- Resolving matters related to exceptions independently and apply accounting policy and procedures appropriately
- Other duties as assigned
- Associate’s degree or higher, with a minimum of 4 years AP, bookkeeping or general accounting experience
- Excellent communication, written and verbal skills are a must, as well as strong relationship building skills
- Attention to detail and demonstrated ability to follow standard procedures
- Prior experience in an Accounts Payable role at a company with project cost accounting preferred
- Basic understanding of GAAP
- Solid analytical, reconciliation skills and strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Word and Excel
- Previous Microsoft Dynamics SL experience is preferred
- Ability to work with large numbers and a high volume of transactions
- Ability to work independently and with others in order to corroborate data and/or meet tight deadlines
- Ability to achieve a high level of accuracy and maintain confidentiality in preparing and entering financial information
- Proficient with spreadsheets