This job has been filled or expired, so you can no longer apply for it.
You can browse our current jobs in this category here or view the old job below.
Accentuate Staffing is recruiting for an Administrative Assistant to join a leading organization in downtown Raleigh, NC. This role will support a VP level manager and staff.
- Manages a multifaceted schedule and provides administrative support to the VP and others as directed, including scheduling appointments, updating standing meetings, and contacting parents and students; evaluates, anticipates, and prioritizes the needs and operations of office;
- Manages attendance, including initial communication with parents and students, maintaining records in Veracross, entering data as needed and keeping faculty and advisors informed of issues that require follow-up;
- Assists other member in the department to organize testing, grading and reporting periods and various activities that take place in the academic department
- Creates finished documents from notes or outlines, including letters, memos, project summaries, reports, meeting agendas, meeting minutes, spreadsheets and presentations;
- Coordinates and schedules meetings, meeting rooms and required equipment for meetings;
- Creates and maintains filing systems and files for the department, both electronic and physical;
- Processes business office documents for the department (expense reports, check requests, invoicing); processes personnel forms for the academic department according to school policy, including attendance and leave forms;
- Schedules substitutes for planned teacher absences, may assist with finding substitutes for unscheduled teacher absences;
- Assists in directly helping students to acquire organizational skills and is prepared to work with students during a regularly scheduled class period.
- Maintains various academic files and records; prepares or assists in preparing forms and materials related to faculty and curriculum; prepares or assists in preparation of academic documents and statistics related to the academic program for internal and external purposes including accreditation and compliance with state regulations;
- Assists with maintenance of Naviance/Family Connection website.
- Maintains accurate lists of staff and takes staff attendance during fire/emergency drills;
- Assists in planning other emergency drills;
- Prepares minutes from faculty meetings;
- Coordinates or assists with key campus events as they arise;
- Serves as a member of the Reception Coverage Team with some periodic lunch coverage and vacation and sick leave coverage for front desk receptionist;
- Maintains an adequate supply of materials for the academic department;
- Assists with hiring in the academic department, manages correspondence with applicants, organizes interview schedules, and assists with travel arrangements for candidates;
- Contributes positively to employee morale; maintains a positive, pleasant demeanor to all constituencies; provides positive encouragement to students;
- Easily interacts with adolescent girls and provides positive encouragement to students;
- Possesses facility for building relationships with the faculty and staff, students, parents, and other key constituents by exhibiting the ability to approach and resolve challenging situations positively;
- Upholds the strictest confidentiality in all matters ensuring integrity, respect, and confidence in the VP’s office, keeping the VP apprised of necessary situations;
- Performs weekend and night responsibilities to support the life of the school community and the academic program as required by the position or requested by your manager/supervisor or designee.
- Exercise sound judgment, discretion, strong listening skills and absolute confidentiality;
- Communicate effectively, diplomatically, and with confidence when interacting with faculty, staff, students, parents, and other constituents;
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by seeking additional training, attending educational workshops, and reviewing professional publications and resources pertaining to your position; and,
- Proficient with technology including the ability to remain current with contemporary and emerging technologies.
- Associate Degree, Bachelor’s degree preferred, in business or related field and minimum of 5 years of administrative support experience or any appropriate combination of education and experience;
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines;
- Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability to succeed in a varied, changing, fast-paced environment;
- Apply common sense understanding and carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form;
- Ability to ascertain which people may need immediate assistance and to prioritize accordingly;
- Initiative, problem-solving skills, attention to detail, positive attitude, and sense of humor;
- Ability and willingness to work an extended work day as needed with appropriate compensation;
- Solid working knowledge of all MS Office applications with expertise in Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Experience using institutional database platforms with expert knowledge of Veracross or similar platform preferred; and,
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.