Accentuate Staffing is currently recruiting for an experienced Accounts Payable Specialist to join an elite athletic wear distributor located in Durham. If you have a passion for Accounting and are looking to grow with a company, this is the perfect opportunity for you!
- Reconciles processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances.
- Charges expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports; recording entries.
- Pays vendors by monitoring discount opportunities; verifying federal id numbers; scheduling and preparing checks; resolving purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation; insuring credit is received for outstanding memos; issuing stop-payments or purchase order amendments.
- Paying employees by verifying expense reports and preparing pay checks
- Continuing to improve the payment process
- Maintains accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or equivalent experience required
- 3-5 years of Accounts Payable experience preferred
- Previous experience in a supervisory role preferred
- Multi-currency experience
- Experience with integrating accounts payable of acquired companies a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Outlook and Windows Based/Web Based Databases
- ERP system experience such as Sage X3, Dynamics 365 a plus