This job has been filled or expired, so you can no longer apply for it.
You can browse our current jobs in this category here or view the old job below.
Accentuate Staffing is looking for an Accounting Specialist to join a dynamic company in Raleigh, NC. The Accounting Specialist is responsible for Payroll, Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable. The Accounting Specialist will also assist in preparing financial statements and analyses and required state and Federal filings on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis as needed.
- Prepare and process weekly payroll [including child support and garnishments, benefits enrollment and changes, terminations, and all other required deductions and update.
- Responsible for billing customers in a timely and accurate manner.
- Post daily banking activity to general ledger.
- Enter vendor invoices into general ledger after ensuring proper approvals and invoice coding.
- Provide daily banking balance updates
- Assist with preparation of other financial and/or operational reporting and analysis as needed, including general ledger account reconciliations.
- Assist in preparing and filing quarterly and annual state and Federal tax forms (i.e. Forms 941, W-2, 1099, worker’s comp, property taxes, etc.) and in collaborating with and providing support to external auditors and accounting and tax professionals, as required.
- Contribute to designing and maintaining policies and procedures to maximize internal controls and streamline processes.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or related field of study preferred
- 2+ years’ experience with payroll and benefits, general ledger transactions, financial statements and month end close
- Excellent analytical & organizational skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Strong attention to detail required