This job has been filled or expired, so you can no longer apply for it.
You can browse our current jobs in this category here or view the old job below.
Accentuate Staffing is recruiting for an Accounting Manager for a leading Raleigh company. This person will oversee the day-to-day operations of the Accounting Department which is responsible for managing, recording, and tracking the financial details associated with all commercial properties. This is a Direct Hire opportunity!
- Manage department of seven, includes hiring, conducting performance reviews and establishing employee goals and objectives.
- Ensure an accurate and timely quarterly and year-end close.
- Ensure the monthly and quarterly bank compliance activities are performed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Manage and oversee the daily operations of the accounting department.
- Plan year-end closing schedule and manage workflow of financial information.
- Review all financial workpapers associated with the completion of the annual partnership tax returns.
- Review cash balances and transfers regarding cash management accounts associated with mortgage covenants.
- Review all fixed assets, capitalizations, depreciations and amortizations.
- Coordinate and complete annual audits.
- Update Yardi for new acquisitions, general ledger accounts, investors, etc.
- Advises staff regarding the handling of non-routine reporting transactions.
- Develop and implement of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department including software changes
- Special projects as needed.
- 5+ years supervisory experience in the financial reporting/general ledger area.
- Demonstrated knowledge of accounting principles, practices, standards, laws and regulations.
- Proven ability to work on multiple projects from inception to completion.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to prioritize tasks.
- Strong communication and time management skills
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills.
- Strong computer skills. Experience in Yardi and AvidXchange a plus.
- Bachelor Degree – Accounting or Finance
- CPA license REQUIRED
- 7-10 years relevant accounting experience
- 5+ years of management experience