Accentuate Staffing is recruiting for an Accounting Manager for a leading Raleigh company. This person will oversee the day-to-day operations of the Accounting Department which is responsible for managing, recording, and tracking the financial details associated with all commercial properties. This is a Direct Hire opportunity!
- Manage department of seven, includes hiring, conducting performance reviews and establishing employee goals and objectives.
- Ensure an accurate and timely quarterly and year-end close.
- Ensure the monthly and quarterly bank compliance activities are performed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Manage and oversee the daily operations of the accounting department.
- Plan year-end closing schedule and manage workflow of financial information.
- Review all financial workpapers associated with the completion of the annual partnership tax returns.
- Review cash balances and transfers regarding cash management accounts associated with mortgage covenants.
- Review all fixed assets, capitalizations, depreciations and amortizations.
- Coordinate and complete annual audits.
- Update Yardi for new acquisitions, general ledger accounts, investors, etc.
- Advises staff regarding the handling of non-routine reporting transactions.
- Develop and implement of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department including software changes
- Special projects as needed.
- 5+ years supervisory experience in the financial reporting/general ledger area.
- Demonstrated knowledge of accounting principles, practices, standards, laws and regulations.
- Proven ability to work on multiple projects from inception to completion.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to prioritize tasks.
- Strong communication and time management skills
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills.
- Strong computer skills. Experience in Yardi and AvidXchange a plus.
- Bachelor Degree – Accounting or Finance
- CPA license REQUIRED
- 7-10 years relevant accounting experience
- 5+ years of management experience