Accentuate Staffing is recruiting for an A/P Coordinator to join a major manufacturer in Durham, NC.
- Serves as liaison with departments and vendors to provide timely processing and quality assurance of voucher disbursements
- Verifies supporting documentation; coordinates print cycles, follow-up activities, and problem resolution
- Maintains and files voucher records and files
- Verifies invoices by matching item descriptions, quantities and prices to original purchase orders
- Confirms receipt of goods and posting into the accounting system for payment. Communicates with vendors/suppliers and supply centers to resolve purchasing/ shipping/ receiving issues related to inventory
- Processes invoices in a timely manner in order to take advantage of all vendor discounts
- Reviews daily/weekly exception reports and works closely with Purchase Order user group to resolve issues
- Processes checks for payment, including matching invoices to the checks prior to signature and disbursing checks after they have been signed
- Researches vendor/supplier issues including credit memos and outstanding balances for monthly statements
- Maintains files for A/P Records.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor degree; equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted for the degree.
- Knowledge of accounting and purchasing.
- Ability to interpret accounts and records.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and maintain schedules.
- Knowledge of automated ERP systems and MS Office.
- Two years’ work experience in a related position.