This job has been filled or expired, so you can no longer apply for it.
You can browse our current jobs in this category here or view the old job below.
Accentuate Staffing is currently recruiting for a Junior Accountant to join an established company in the Chapel Hill area. This position will be responsible for supporting the Director of Accounting & External Reporting in all of the monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting requirements.
- Maintain General Ledger for parent company and all related entities.
- Responsible for monthly close procedures for assigned entities.
- Work with CPA firm and auditors on yearly financial audits and reviews.
- Provide guidance to the accounts payable department in the proper entry of accounts payable and accounts receivables.
- Follow company accounting policies to comply with GAAP, tax requirements, state reporting requirements, and management reporting requirements.
- Responsible for accounting classification of all entries in the General Ledger.
- Prepare Bank Reconciliations
- Prepare Accounts Reconciliations for each balance sheet account on assigned entities.
- Maintain updated Financial Close Analysis files for assigned entities.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business or an associate’s degree in accounting with minimum of 2 years work experience with at least one year in accounting/finance.
- Proficient with accounting software, spreadsheet software, Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work well with people at all levels of the organization.
- Skilled at defining problems, collecting data, establishing facts, and drawing valid conclusions.