This job has been filled or expired, so you can no longer apply for it.
You can browse our current jobs in this category here or view the old job below.
Accentuate Staffing is currently recruiting for an Accounting Specialist to join an established company in the Raleigh area. This position will reconcile all cash accounts to bank statements, including budget codes and responsible for the day-to-day accounting for the cash management and cash receipts functions and assists with keying journal entries in various systems.
- Handles daily cash management activities (certification of funds, movement of money), ensuring sufficient funds are in each of the funds to prevent overdrafts, while also ensuring that investment potential is maximized. Resolves all differences
- Reconciles all general ledger cash accounts/budget codes to bank statements and the cash management system, creates monthly G/L reports for reconciliation, and submits for review.
- Prepares journal entries related to cash management activities (daily deposits, transfer of funds, etc.).
- Coordinates cash receipts. Acts as a central collection agent and communicates with various departments about the receipt of funds.
- Prepares daily deposits in a timely and thorough manner.
- Manages bank account balances and researches outstanding checks/escheats. Communicates with banking institutions as needed to resolve any issues.
- Makes entries to record the receipt of wires and notifies the appropriate persons of when wires were received and to which accounts they were recorded.
- Provides support to other technicians and accountants as needed (i.e. monthly reconciliations and workpapers).
- Prepares and provides assistance with annual audit schedules as assigned.
- Associate’s degree from an accredited institution and three years of experience OR Bachelor’s degree and two years of experience are required.
- Experience must be in accounting, investor reporting and/or mortgage servicing.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.