This job has been filled or expired, so you can no longer apply for it.
You can browse our current jobs in this category here or view the old job below.
Accentuate Staffing is currently recruiting a Purchasing Specialist for a client of ours in Raleigh, NC.
- Purchase commodities and services
- Assist departments with the procurement process using e-procurement technology
- Assist with implementations of goals and objectives for the division, to include: the establishment of purchasing schedules and the implementation of policies and procedures
- Assist the Purchasing Manager with the development and implementation of e-procurement initiatives
- Contact vendors, sales representatives, and department officials concerning various product and service purchases in regards to ordering, shipping, receiving, invoicing, and purchasing problems/processes
- Interact with staff to engage and lead the process of buying decisions
- Price requisitions using contract prices and/or quotes to ensure the established laws, policies, and regulations are followed
- Utilize e-procurement technology to monitor vendor compliance with contractual terms and departmental spending
- Obtain informal bids between $5,000 and $90,000 within the context of established laws, policies, and regulations
- Receive informal bids, open bids on set date, tabulate bids, and award bid to lowest responsible bidder
- Prepare reports on various topics, to include: buying levels, price variance, and recommendations for potential bids and/or uses of existing contracts
- Monitor purchases to determine SDMWOB (Small Disadvantaged Minority and Women-Owned Business) vendors are contracted for competitive bids and assist with finding and selecting SDMWOB firms for purchases
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2+ years of relevant work experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat, Tier 1 ERP systems, and advanced e-procurement solutions
- One or more of the following certifications is preferred: Certified Local Government Purchasing Officer (CLGPO), Certified Purchasing Manager (C.P.M.), Certified Public Purchasing Officer (CPPO), and/or Certified Professional Public Buyer