This job has been filled or expired, so you can no longer apply for it.
You can browse our current jobs in this category here or view the old job below.
An established company in the Raleigh area is currently looking for a Buyer, Logistics and Inventory Manager to join their team! This position will manage production inventory, vendors & ensure lowest costs. This position will also manage all shipping logistics (domestic & international) & receiving activities.
• Expedites delivery of equipment to and from clients.
• Manage all finished goods shipments (domestic & international).
• Ensure all international shipments meet customs requirements for each location.
• Ensure most economic incoming shipment costs.
• Ensure that production has the required inventory to complete all projects on time.
• Purchase all standard components and ensure on-time delivery.
• Determines method of procurement such as direct purchase or blanket order.
• Prepares purchase orders requests for production and service teams.
• Analyses vendor invoices and order confirmations that do not match PO cost.
• Reviews bid proposals and negotiates contracts within scope of project.
• Maintains procurement records such as items or services purchased, costs, delivery, product quality or performance, and inventories.
• Reviews requisitions. Works with vendors to obtain product or service information such as price, availability, and delivery schedule.
• Creates, monitors and analyzes inventory levels. Confers with management on corrective actions related to parts shortages.
• Manage inventory replenishment system through the use of the pull-card system, Quick Books capabilities, or manual demand planning (spreadsheets).
• Manage inventory locations for mechanical & electrical components.
• Create sales orders and invoices in Quick Books as necessary.
• Receive all incoming shipments, ensure product and packing slip matches, place items in proper location, and process associated paperwork.
• Keep up-to-date with professional knowledge and skills via periodic training, on-line learning, and appropriate seminars.
• Other duties as necessary
• Domestic / International logistics & customs practices. Demonstrated ability to work with the import and export process and regulations
• Materials management experience and a proven track record of achieving reduction of inventory and cost.
• Competent at leading a negotiation.
• Purchasing, Sourcing, Vendor management. Understanding of supplier capabilities and the marketplace.
• Knowledge of the accounting process
• Demonstrated experience and success working in a fast paced environment with tight deadlines.
• Strategic planning/thinking skills, coupled with analytical and execution skills.
• Out-of-the-box thinker, decisive; experienced in and capable of leading change.
• Computer skills: Word, Excel (highly proficient), QuickBooks Enterprise or equivalent
• Associates Degree in a technical field or accounting with 5-8 years of related industrial experience