This job has been filled or expired, so you can no longer apply for it.
You can browse our current jobs in this category here or view the old job below.
Accentuate Staffing is currently recruiting for a Payroll Specialist to join an established company in the Raleigh area. This position is a full-time, professional position responsible for processing and accuracy of our bi-weekly payroll and all related duties for 450-500 employees. The schedule for this position is Monday-Friday 8:30am-5:00pm.
• Process bi-weekly payroll for 450-500 employees.
• Prepare for payroll processing by entering HR/Payroll information into the system (garnishments, benefit adjustments, and deductions).
• Review electronic time sheets for upload to payroll processing including checking for manager approval and final lockdown. Corrects entries per employee or manager requests.
• Process special payrolls including monthly mileage checks and year-end adjustment payrolls.
• Process payroll reports on a regular and as-needed basis. Maintains custom reports and creates new reports as needed.
• Research and resolve questions from managers and employees as they relate to the processing of payroll information such as PTO and LTB, banking, garnishments, retroactive pay calculations, tax questions, and other changes.
• Investigate any payroll discrepancies and process manual checks on an as-needed basis.
• Balance payroll accounts and inform Staff Accountant.
• Maintain Paid Time Off (PTO) and Long Term Bank (LTB) balances.
• Assist Benefits Specialist with auditing monthly premium invoices.
• Process new hires paperwork and employment verifications.
• Update employee information in Allscripts as needed.
• Maintain personnel records. Complete personnel record audit annually.
• Perform general clerical duties to include but not limited to: copying, faxing, mailing and filing.
• Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
• High School diploma required.
• Associate’s Degree with emphasis on business or bookkeeping preferred.
• Two years experience with computerized payroll processing in a health related field preferred.
• Paycor payroll experience preferred.
• Computer skills including working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
• Able to handle highly confidential information.
• Must possess good organizational skill and be detail oriented.
• Able to adhere to tight deadlines.
• Must have access to transportation.
• Must be able to enter and function in the work place as appropriate to the need.
• Must have sensory abilities to complete communication and documentation requirements of the job.
• May be required to lift up to 30 pounds.