This job has been filled or expired, so you can no longer apply for it.
You can browse our current jobs in this category here or view the old job below.
Accentuate Staffing is currently recruiting a Litigation Legal Assistant for a client of ours in Raleigh, NC. This position is a direct-hire opportunity.
- Perform ECF filings
- Conduct legal research, to include: court records, libraries, online resources, Lexis, etc.
- Draft pleadings, discoveries, memoranda, and correspondence
- Analyze responses to discovery requests
- Oversee e-discovery process
- Create, organize, and maintain client and case files
- Utilize Eclipse to create, organize, code, and review documents
- Summarize depositions, documents, and medical records
- Prepare discovery requests, trial notebooks, and exhibits
- Prepare jury instructions
- Conduct trial preparation
- Contact various State and Federal Court personnel
- Maintain hearing schedules, docketing, and calendaring
- Prepare CJA coding and narrative for preparation of fee applications
- Assist on special projects for predetermined practice areas
- Bachelor’s Degree is preferred
- 5+ years of Litigation experience; preferably within a mid/large size law firm
- Proficient in Litigation database software, Federal Court system, and ECF filings
- Knowledge of Litigation procedures and protocols
- Knowledge of civil rules and procedures
- Paralegal certification/experience is a plus
- Strong analytical, multi-tasking, and communication skills
- Must be a self-starter with an extraordinary attention to detail