This job has been filled or expired, so you can no longer apply for it.
You can browse our current jobs in this category here or view the old job below.
Accentuate Staffing is currently recruiting for an AP Manager to join an established company in the Chapel Hill area. This position is responsible for the day to day operations of the AP department and ensuring accuracy in all disbursement and accounts payable-related functions. The AP manager should ensure that proper segregation of duties exists and all AP controls are in place and functioning as intended.
- Manages the payment process.
- Ensure accuracy and productivity of the accounts payable functions including: vendor relations, vendor invoice processing for a high volume of invoices, and disbursements.
- Ensure accuracy of invoices entered into the accounts payable system.
- Ensure all vendor invoices have been posted in a timely manner.
- Monthly Sales & Use Tax/Privilege Tax reporting.
- Annual report form 1099 and other tax related matters,
- Ensure proper oversight and controls on disbursements and electronic payments and driving change recommendations to improve the efficiency of the accounts payable function.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of AP policies, procedures and internal controls.
- Hire, train, develop, and evaluate staff.
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly and year-end close.
- Prepare periodic reports for management and the AP dashboard.
- Prepare or review special projects/analyses as needed for senior management.
- Manage the process of credit card statements and expense reports.
- Perform other duties as assigned or required.
- New vendor set-up & credit application prep
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in a supervisory role.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Advanced computer skills in Excel (V-lookup, pivot tables, macros, and other functions).
- Knowledge of Viewpoint a plus
- Strong understanding of team dynamics in fast paced environment.
- Good planning and organizational skills to balance and prioritize work.
- Ability to multi-task and adjust to new situations quickly.
- Experience in job-costing, construction, and/or manufacturing accounting a plus.