This job has been filled or expired, so you can no longer apply for it.
You can browse our current jobs in this category here or view the old job below.
Accentuate Staffing is currently recruiting for a Controller to join an established company in the Durham area. This is accountable for the accounting operations of the company, to include the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company’s reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP). The position is further responsible for cash management and bank relations.
– Safeguard assets and assure accurate and timely recording of all transactions by implementing disciplines of internal audits, controls and checks across all departments.
– Manage the accuracy and productivity of day-to-day activities of accounts payable, cash disbursements, invoicing/billing, payroll, fixed asset records, general & entity accounting.
-Perform the operating cash account reconciliation and related journal entries.
– Perform various detailed month-end allocations for fringe benefits, shared costs and indirect cost allocations.
– Run financial reports/monthly and quarterly board book.
– Calculate and issue financial and operating metrics and reports.
-Complete month end reconciliations and journal entries.
-Perform various account reconciliations and work to resolve any discrepancies.
-Monitors and confirms financial condition by conducting audits; providing information to external auditors.
– Prepares budgets by establishing schedules; collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial data; recommending plans.
– Achieves budget objectives by scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
– Provides status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data.
-Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing financial reports; advising management on needed actions.
-Bachelor’s Degree in accounting required
– CPA or CPA candidate strongly preferred
– Five plus years of experience in general accounting
-Revenue Recognition experience strongly desired
-Excellent written and verbal communication skills
– Advanced Microsoft Excel skills, including Vlookups and Pivot tables
-Experience with Intacct accounting software preferred
-Experience with ADP Payroll software a plus