This job has been filled or expired, so you can no longer apply for it.
You can browse our current jobs in this category here or view the old job below.
Accentuate Staffing is currently recruiting for a Staff Accountant to join an established company in the Raleigh area. This position will be responsible for proper recording of accounting transactions in order to accurately report the region’s financial position and ensure timely recording of transactions in accordance with generally accepted accounting practices.
• Prepares journal entries, maintains & reconciles general ledger accounts including, but not limited to, recording and tracking CIP’s, capitalization of assets, recording depreciation of assets, amortization of prepaid accounts, and payroll entries. Enter all AP and AR journal entries that are usually prepared by the AR/AP supervisors and then given to the staff accountants to make. Responsible to check all entries for accuracy before posting any journal entry.
• Required to load and balance financial data into system by required time frame each month-end close. . Any discrepancies must be researched and addressed in order to be in balance.
• Prepares and submits to Accounting Manager accurately reconciled balance sheet binders with appropriate backup documentation in a timely manner after every month-end close for final review and approvals. Prepares and submits to Accounting Manager completed journal entry binders in a timely manner after every month-end close for final review and approvals.
• Prepares and files sales and use tax by required due dates on a monthly, quarterly, annual basis. Provides accurate quarterly reconciliations of sales and use tax accounts for balance sheet binders.
• Assist Finance Department with maintaining adequate internal controls in order to remain SOX compliant.
• Assists in the audit inquires and requirements, providing accurate documentation as needed.
• Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 3 years Accounting experience
• Strong Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills