This job has been filled or expired, so you can no longer apply for it.
You can browse our current jobs in this category here or view the old job below.
Accentuate Staffing is currently recruiting for an AP Specialist to join an established company in the RTP area. This position will be responsible for all aspects of vendor accounts including general ledger coding, timely entry and payment of invoices, timely response to vendor inquiries, maintenance of vendor files, etc. Produce special project reports at the request of Accounting Manager or other management. Operate within a team oriented environment to maximize efficiency and minimize redundancy.
• Coordinate work flow between Accounts Payable and other departments
• Maintain, update and submit 1099s to the Internal Revenue Service and vendors
• Audit, enter and pay all travel / expense reimbursement requests
• Accurately code, enter, and maintain current open invoices/files
• Maintain current vendor files including obtaining W-9s and insurance certificates, if necessary
• Maintain paid invoices files
• Prepare and process checks and wires for payment on vendors’ accounts weekly
• Maintain and balance current statements with vendors
• Correspond / communicate with vendors concerning any invoice / payment issues
• Assist with year end audit, compliance, and special projects as necessary
• Minimum of an AA / AS degree and 2 years’ experience (or 5 years’ work experience), preferably in accounting, finance, business or related field
• HS level math and written communication skills
• Intermediate skill level with Excel, databases, electronic files
• Distribution Industry and/or Big Box Retail Industry experience
• Ability to organize, prioritize and analyze reports and submissions