This job has been filled or expired, so you can no longer apply for it.
You can browse our current jobs in this category here or view the old job below.
Accentuate Staffing is currently recruiting for a Contract Medical Billing and Collections Specialist to join an established company in the Cary area. This position will be responsible for collecting, posting and managing account payments. The ideal candidate will exhibit a commitment to customer service and be driven to submit claims and follow up with insurance companies. The hours for this position will be 9:00am – 6:00pm.
• Prepares and submits clean claims to various insurance companies either electronically or by paper.
• Answers questions from patients, clerical staff and insurance companies.
• Identifies and resolves patient billing complaints.
• Prepares, reviews and sends patient statements.
• Evaluates patient’s financial status and establishes budget payment plans.
• Follows and reports status of delinquent accounts.
• Reviews accounts for possible assignment and makes recommendations to the Accounts Receivable Manager.
• Performs various collection actions including contacting patients by phone, correcting and resubmitting claims to third party payers.
• Processes payments from insurance companies.
• Maintains strictest confidentiality; adheres to all HIPAA guidelines/regulations.
• Minimum degree Associates or equivalent experience
• Prefer at least 2+ years’ experience working and understanding billings and collections.
• Knowledge of medical billing/collection practices.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Applications.
• Working knowledge of CPR+ is a plus.
• Knowledge of basic medical coding and third-party operating procedures and practices.
• Working knowledge of Pharmacy Billing Manager a plus.
• Skill in answering a telephone in a pleasant and helpful manner.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients and coworkers.
• Knowledge of healthcare terminology and experience in a healthcare