This job has been filled or expired, so you can no longer apply for it.
You can browse our current jobs in this category here or view the old job below.
Accentuate Staffing is currently recruiting an experienced editor to join our client in the Durham/Chapel Hill area. This is an exciting opportunity to work with a well-established nonprofit organization on an ongoing project. This is a contract position with a competitive pay-rate.
- Edit, revise, and finalize complex written and graphic material to create clearly stated, internally consistent documents while demonstrating proficiency with medical language and style
- Review examination items and provide suggestions to authors and editors for substantive changes
- Edit for grammar, punctuation, clarity, and consistency of style
- Provide editorial and administrative support in preparation for sub-board and examination committee meetings
- Provide editorial support to chief editors during sub-board and examination committee meetings (virtual and face-to-face), including but not limited to live on-screen editing of digital content as well as manual edits to hard copies and manuscripts
- Assist with post-meeting tasks including finalizing agreed-upon edits and facilitating revision assignments
- Frequently act as liaison with chief editors, question writers, and reviewers by email (and phone when needed)
- Resolve queries directly with the chief editor as needed
- Contribute editorial expertise to the department, sub-boards/examination committees, and the organization as needed
- Four-year college degree in English, journalism, or related field
- Minimum of 3 years of professional editorial or publishing experience with demonstrated ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Excellent writing skills, impeccable grammar, and attention to detail when revising and proofreading; knowledge of medical language and terminology preferred
- Ability to synthesize complex medical information and apply edits during live or virtual meetings; ability to type at least 50 wpm
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally with chief editors, sub-board and committee appointees, and other staff
- Strong organizational skills with demonstrated ability to manage multiple, concurrent, and overlapping projects while meeting deadlines
- Ability to process significant amounts of work with efficiency and accuracy
- Excellent typing and computer skills (Adobe, Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Ability to use (and learn to use) web-based item-banking applications, test delivery, and self-assessment