This job has been filled or expired, so you can no longer apply for it.
You can browse our current jobs in this category here or view the old job below.
Accentuate Staffing is currently recruiting for a Controller to join an established company in the Apex area. This position will be accountable for the accounting operations of the company, to include the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company’s reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles. This position is also accountable for the administrative, financial, and risk management operations of the company and for creating financial transactions and creating financial reports from that information.
• Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
• Manage outsourced functions
• Oversee the operations of the accounting department, including the design of an organizational structure adequate for achieving the department’s goals and objectives
• Serves as the Company Plan Administrator for 401-k Profit Sharing Plan
• Ensure that accounts payable are paid in a timely manner
• Ensure that credit cards/expense statements are reconciled
• Ensure that required debt payments are made on a timely basis
• Maintain the chart of accounts
• Maintain an orderly accounting filing system
• Maintain a system of controls over accounting transactions
• Maintain fleet tags & license
• Post weekly 401k contributions; post monthly company match
• Ensures daily sheets are entered into Foundation
• Prepare month-end & year-end close
• File monthly sales tax returns
• File quarterly IFTA return
• File annual property tax return
• File annual NC & SC prequalification
• Participate in key decisions as a member of the executive management team
• Maintain in-depth relations with all members of the management team
• Manage any third parties to which functions have been outsourced
• Understand and mitigate key elements of the company’s risk profile
• Monitor all open legal issues involving the company, and legal issues affecting the industry
• Construct and monitor reliable control systems
• Select and maintain appropriate liability insurance coverage
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business administration, or equivalent business experience and 10+ years of progressively responsible experience
• Construction accounting preferred.
• Preference will be given to candidates with the Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant designations.